Hi there! Welcome to my blog. This card makes me long to go to the beach! I can't believe I haven't been to the beach this Summer yet! It's been so hot here in Queensland so I've been hibernating with my air-conditioner! This card would be great for your friends and family (male or female). I hope you find this tutorial inspiring!
All images © 1990-2019 Stampin’ Up!®
• Stamp Sets – Timeless Tropical (151497
• Card Stock – Bermuda Bay (131197); Basic Black (121045); Shimmery White (101910)
• Stamp Pads – Bermuda Bay (147096); Balmy Blue (147105); Crushed Curry (147087); Soft Suede (147115); Memento Black (132708)
• Misc. – Soft Suede Marker (147158); Garden Green Marker (147155); 1” circle punch (119868); Fine Tip Glue Pen (138309); Dazzling Diamonds (133751); Grid Paper (130148; Removable Tap (Online); White Gel Pen (online)
• Bermuda Bay: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”
• Basic Black: 5” x 3 ¾”
• Shimmery White: 4 3/4” x 3 1/2”
1. Line up Shimmery White cardstock with Grid Sheet, with Removable tape, tape over the outer edge 1 grid, and do this all around cardstock. KEEP this on until stamping the palm trees!
2. Tear a wavy pattern down the middle of Removable Tape to form the waters edge, keep the top part that you tore (place aside), with bottom part of torn tape lay low on the cardstock to make the ‘Sand’. Sponge with Soft Suede.
3. Remove ‘Sand’ tape and place the top of the tape over the sand and go up a little so it will leave a white edge. Place another tape (lining up with grid to get straight) to make a Horizon, with the top of cardstock open. Punch out a 1” circle from tape and place halfway over the tape you just put down. (this is the Sun, you don’t want to sponge over it!)
4. Sponge Sky with Balmy Blue.
5. Remove Tape from Sun, using the piece of tape you punched 1” circle from, place over the sun so the rest of the cardstock is covered……using the Crushed Curry, sponge the sun. Remove the tape around the sun and on the Horizon.
6. Place tape over the sky you sponged following the horizon but on the top. You will now have the sky covered and the sand-covered. Sponge water using Bermuda Bay leaving it lighter under the sun.
7. Remove ALL tape from edges and entire card. Colour the Palms with the markers listed above and stamp so it goes over the edge and over the sun.
8. Stamp Greeting in Memento Black in bottom right corner.
9. Add ‘waves’ using the Gel pen, put VERY LITTLE glue over the waves you put in and cover with Dazzling Diamonds.
10. Layer Shimmery White over the Black, then layer over the base of Bermuda Bay.