Hi and welcome to my blog. Even though my Dad died many years ago, I love to make Father's Day cards. This card reminds me of when my Dad use to take me to Brunswick Heads, NSW. I would swim in the bay and he would watch while having a beer or two in the adjacent pub. Brunswick Heads will always remind me of those days with him.
2. Using Pacific Point, stamp the ocean using the High Tide water stamp (it's photopolymer so it's easy to see where you're stamping).
3. For the sand, I used Daffodil Delight card stock and tore small strips. Use the side with the tear texture for dimension. Adhere it in layers to the base card. Stamp the sentiment on a scrap piece of Daffodil Delight card stock then cut with a trimmer.
4. Using Whisper White cardstock, stamp the man image from the A Good Man stamp set in Momento Black ink then use Stampin' Blends to colour this clothes and body. Fussy cut the image, leaving a thin border around the image.
6. I stamped the balloons in Early Espresso ink but then I came to use the filling in balloon stamp, I inked then stamped off onto some scrap paper and then stamped on to the balloon outline. I love this technique, its quick and gives a nice lighter look to the image without stamping up the image with another colour.
7. Stamp the grass images, using the stamp off method so the lighter shade is further back to give depth to the card.
💝 I recommend using the Multipurpose Glue to adhere images and layers. Try very hard to use a light touch, if you press too hard, the glue will come out too fast. You do not want glue overlapping the edges. If it does happen to spill over, dab with a tissue lightly, do not wipe it as it will smear and leave a mark.
If you don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and you live in Australia, I would love to help you with your creative direction.
Below you will find all the products needed to create this card.